The following tips are to prolong the life of your scented candles and maintain its soothing fragrance:
First thing's first, when you light your candle for the first time, let it burn for at least two to four hours until the wax pool is full (till the edges of the jar)
After that, extinguish your candle by removal of oxygen (putting the lid on) not by blowing. The scent will linger on for a while, but most importantly, you allow the melted wax to cool. Therefore, not consuming so much wax during this burns session!
Next, always trim your candle's wick to 1/4 inch (about 5-7mm) before your next use. Why you may ask? Because this necessary step will control the size of the fire so the candle will not burn too hot. For safety and also to not burn off the wax too fast.
Candle's burn time will depend on its size but with Lynk Artisan Candles, you can look forward to its prolonged burn time. Our palm coco creme wax can last two times that of paraffin wax!
With the cooling of wax and trimming methods, our 100g candles have a burn time of up to 30 hours. (Or even more if done well) And we also have our 200g candles that could burn up till a whooping 60 hours. Now, that's lit!
But as much as we want to have our "let there be candle lights" moment, we have to put our safety first because we are still dealing with fire. Even though we have tested thousands of candles, we have even burned candles straight for days during our testing phase (but please don’t do this at home)
Here are some safety precautions for you.
Don't leave your candle/s unattended.
Move it away from flammable stuff.
Keep it out of reach from children.
Position your candle/s on a non-combustible, heat-proof, level surface.
We hope all of the above-mentioned would have been helpful for you!
Now, go forth and light up!